Thursday, September 17, 2009

What is the teacher reading?

I am reading “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” for my dangerous book series. It’s slow going, though, to be honest. It’s not that I don’t love the book; it’s one of my favorites. Maybe it’s just a little too morose for me right now, or maybe I’m struggling because I know how it ends, and I don’t want to go there. The philosophy in it has always intrigued me, though, so I will continue. In fact, I make a pledge to you, my readers, to complete the book and write an article on it by next week. Also, I will be visiting a synagogue for my next place of worship highlight, so if anyone has a recommendation, I’m open. I have already been advised to wait until after Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, so it will be in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever looked into Ba' hai? They have a temple on Independence avenue.