Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't say good-bye

Well, summer is officially over. That’s right; the Halloween candy is stocked and the haunted house billboards are up. The holiday season is upon us. Time for those with SAD to up their dosage and turn on their lights. But wait, it’s still over 80 everyday, most of the leaves are still green, and the grocery store is still carrying the summer ale. Why are we always so anxious to jump into the next season? Let’s enjoy every last drop of what is before us, first. I’m even considering wearing my white cotton pants this weekend, a full week after labor day. So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't afford to up my dosage. I suppose I could sell my 46 yo self on the street. I hear there is quite a market for my type.
I think you should wear whatever you want to, whenever. Within the mores and folkways of Missouri, USA.
There exists summer ale?
I hope you have a fortunate day today.