Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's harder than it looks

It’s one of those short work weeks- just three days of teaching for me. Ah, but those short ones can be deceiving. It’s like running suicides in basketball practice. On Wednesdays, instead of 10, we would run just 5. Half the amount! So, instead of psyching myself up for running, I would go in with the mindset of, “oh, this will be no problem,” and those 5 somehow ended up more painful than the 10. So, instead of thinking, “this short week will be no problem,” I’m thinking, “ok, 3 whole days of teaching ahead of me. Better gear up. Watch out, students, we’ve got a lot to learn.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very lucky group of kids. You have a love for spreading education, and it shows when you speak.
And you are one of those extremely rare pretty teachers. Please try to nurture the ones who may not share your excitement of the mind. I hope more choose to learn.