Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dangerous Book: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I reviewed this book in response to a reader's request. Yes, it's another book from the 70's, published the year I was born, but still so very true today. Though I don't know that it's ever been banned (too dense for people who normally ban books to understand), it is one of the more dangerous books I've read. If you are brave enough to read it, you'll want a firm grasp on your sanity. Or not. Actually, it may be best to approach it with a willingness to let go of your sanity. It's all an illusion, anyway.

3 comments:

Jerseystitch said...

I will. As soon as I am able.

Jerseystitch said...

Oooh! p.s. I read Illusions! Made me divorce myself even futher from reality. I find myself occasionally reaching out to grab the plane throttle and go back into the air.

Dagney J Velazquez said...

Brian- I'm so glad to hear that I inspired you to read Illusions. Divorced yourself from reality, or discovered reality hiding behind the facade of what we call reality?