Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Venison, it's what's for dinner

Just in case you didn't mark your calendar, now is the time. The city is brining out the sharpshooters to cull the deer herd at Shawnee Mission Park from 200 per square mile to a meager and manageable 50. It's not going to be pretty, that's for sure. In one final effort to stop these efforts, protesters blocked the entrance to the park today. They managed to draw the attention of the news, but didn't accomplish much else. Oh well. I'm sure didn't expect to have a huge impact on the outcome, but are satisfied that their voices were heard.

What does this have to do with our lives? Read here.

1 comment:

Jerseystitch said...

I guess it has to be done. I know Swope Park is almost infested with deer. On any given night, I count seven to ten. I almost hit them.
I hate that they might have to be thinned out, but they have been forced out of their natural habitats.