Friday, April 16, 2010

Because who hasn't at least wanted to flip someone off?

I absolutely love stories like this one. There is so much that is funny and silly about it, and yet there is pith, if one is willing to dig deeply.

An Olathe man flipped off the police officer who ticketed, received a second ticket for disorderly conduct, then enlisted the aid of the ACLU to teach the Olathe police that flipping off authorities is an expression of our first amendment rights. Yep. So go for it.

Oh, and the pith? Read here.

2 comments:

IGGY - www.KCFreeThinkers.com said...

Nice to know there is a precedent at least in Olathe. I walk my dog across Pflumm from Overland Park to Olathe virtually every day.

Next time I'll see an Olathe cop in Olathe I'll tell my dog to flip him.

It has a new legal precedent written all over it.

Anonymous said...

As the child of a police officer I find it very sad that anyone would endorse such behavior. These men and women put their lives on the line every day to protect and serve us, their wives and family worry every night that they might not come home. Why should we encourage such disrespect. I just don't get it.