Tuesday, November 24, 2009

when a plan comes together

I teach language arts in the Adult Continuing Education department at Kansas City Kansas Community College. Most of the students in our On Track program are working toward passing the GED. A few, though, already have their high school diplomas but need some classes to prepare them for the college placement exam.

Last week, two of my students proudly announced to me that they scored high enough on the placement exams to be accepted into college, and now both are enrolled. One even brought me his schedule to show off. I am bursting with pride for both of them. They have worked incredibly hard these past few months, and I can see the difference not only in their reading and writing skills, but also in their confidence.

Congratulations to both of you, and best of luck to all my students taking the GED in a few weeks. I know you will all knock the socks off that test.

1 comment:

Jerseystitch said...

And you helped!
Instigator. ;)