Tuesday, March 25, 2008

when it's easy to be a pastor

Tonight was one of those easy to be a pastor times. Our church is going through the Alpha program for the second time, and the leaders invited me to attend tonight, the night where they focus on healing. After the teaching, everyone took a few minutes to listen for God's voice, especially paying attention to any words, images, or impressions that came to mind. Several people in the group then shared what they heard, and we spent time praying for each other in small groups. It was exciting and thrilling to hear and see the Holy Spirit at work in very real ways, using people as instruments of healing and love.

These experiences help sustain me. Though I have seen God's healing touch at work many times in my life, each new instance amazes me. Thank you God, for allowing me to see your power, beauty and love tonight.

No comments: