Sunday, February 3, 2008

Me and Mickey

We're heading out to Disney World in a few weeks. I've always wanted to go, and now my child gives me the perfect excuse. Honestly, though, I'm even more excited than her.

Every other day she and I pull up Disney's web site and explore the virtual Magic Kingdom. We study the park map, review the videos and pictures of all the rides, and envision the spectacular night parade. The vacation fun grows in our minds each and every time.

Some might say that building up this much anticipation ensures disappointment, but Aliyah and I heartily disagree. We believe the anticipation increases the pleasure of the trip and broadens the enjoyment time. It's like we're enjoying our vacation little by little even weeks before the official start time. When we actually arrive and see in person all that we've dreamed, it can not disappoint, because we are determined to love every minute.

Heaven, too, will surely inspire excitement for all present, but those who have anticipated its pleasure longest will find special satisfaction. And as long as we're planning on spending eternity in this place of infinite beauty, wonder, and joy, in the presence of pure and perfect love, why not start enjoying it now?

At least, that's why I worship.

No comments: