Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who has your back?

Today I discovered a new hero of mine. As another teacher and I were introducing an assessment test, one of the students made a rude remark to the other teacher. She stopped and told him that that language was unacceptable. He raised his voice and spoke to her again in a very disrespectful manner. I missed it yesterday, but I guess he did the same thing then. So, she told him he could leave and reenroll in October. He didn’t budge, but neither did she. In fact she walked over to his table and told him again, with a smile on her face, to leave. Now, this woman was easily half his size and strength, but the determination, as well as the kindness, on her face stood its ground. He finally left, and I stared at her in abject admiration as she calmly resumed administering the test. Elise, you are one of my heroes. I would fear nothing if you had my back.

No comments: