Monday, October 11, 2010

Night at the museum

As luck would have it, I'm a friend of a Friend of the Museum, so Friday night we indulged in cocktails at the Young Friends of the Museum 2nd Fridays event. There we met two lovely people, one of whom writes the relationship column Kiss & Tell for Ink Magazine. (sidenote: as much as I love my job, and I do love my job, I was sooooo tempted to ask him how one lands such a fun, cush assignment. I could get used to hanging out in my PJs all morning and writing. Much like I'm doing now, only I soon have to get dressed and report to work).

After cocktails, the four of us headed to one of the Nelson's new exhibits, "Through African Eyes." The exhibit was amazing, sobering, and too much for the hour we had before closing time. One of our new friends commented, "I could easily spend an entire morning in that exhibit." At least.

No comments: